Monday this week at 8am 40 members and non members of Canterbury Tech cluster attended the networking facilitated workshop I developed and ran.
Several months ago to help up-skill myself I joined Canterbury Tech and provided some robust feedback saying I thought their networking could be better. The result is this workshop, provided back to my community to share the knowledge I’ve learned over the intervening months.
This session included :
- Practice introductions and conversation openings
- Take away handout of easy and stretch networking goals for the next days/weeks/months
- Conversation opening skills
- How to exit conversations and get value
- Preparation and follow-up overview
Attendees had a range of experience from those who have taught networking to those who are recent grads. Feedback has been positive from experienced hands appreciative of the reminders and goal handout, to those learning new skills.
If you have a need for facilitated workshops, to help advance culture change initiatives in your organisaiton please contact me to discuss how I can help you achieve your goals.
www.STUFF.co.nz Business article about the event and overcoming networking nerves.